My Face may not be Booked, but I am LinkedIn

I think I am very lucky that I have a good relationship with my kids. As far as their personal lives and thoughts are concerned, the information I get does vary however. My daughter Dalya is happy to share what she is doing in her life, whereas the boys are less informative. However one thing that my three children are unanimous about is that under no circumstances must I join Facebook. I believe this is because they would see it as an invasion into their privacy. They probably would be upset that so many of their friends would, I am sure, ask me to become their friends too.

So for the last couple of years I have told everyone how glad I am not to be on Facebook and that I think it is totally unsuitable for the older generation. However I have to admit on this blog, and please keep it a secret, that I have been lying and feel very excluded, especially as a number of close friends keep telling me what is going on – invasive. Who wants to be part of such a programme? Well now I can admit that in the last week I have joined LinkedIn.

I am loving it. I feel that now I belong to a community and if my kids are reading this blog, make sure you don’t join this please.

I am also amazed I have worked out how to invite and accept invitations. I look forward to learning and sharing my thoughts and hearing from others their ideas in our industry and in the workplace.

So if you have nothing better to do, invite me to join. It is the new boast. I have 300 people on LinkedIn. I have 500 people on LinkedIn, and so on.

Looking forward to catching up with you all soon.

Popular Posts