LOSING POUNDS AND POWER READING

I can't  believe that my trip to New York is coming to an end.  It has been fantastic being here both working in our office which is housed next to the New York Stock Exchange and spending time with my family here.  Still all good things come to an end and I have to admit that I am itching to get back to our headquarters in Leeds.
 
Moving around the globe for work can be great adventure but at the same time a real challenge especially when you are leaving behind your friends and family.  So how great are the different social networks such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Friendster to name a few and then of course there is always Twitter allowing you to follow your favourite heroes, friends, and others wherever you are and at any time of the day.
 
Many people are concerned how one can become addicted to these sites but the truth is that this medium  has reunited long lost friends and families and it means that you can be in touch with many people from many parts of the world, removing that feeling of isolation.  I personally believe that this form of communication is a life saver for many people.  At thebigword we are also developing software and processes that will help people in the future easily and affordably communicate in a range of foreign languages - How exciting is that!  More to come later but it is still a secret so don't mention to anyone that I have even told you this much.
 
I am back on my health kick and after a number of hours in the gym lifting weights and doing many miles on the running machine, I have actually lost two pounds in weight.  This is over the last four weeks in New York costing a small fortune for the personnel trainer to the stars. This week I did something wonderful with weights.  After a gruelling hour with this very mean guy I accidentally dropped one of my dumb bells on my dumb and cruel trainer. He unfortunately suffered an injury to his foot which means he is unable to come to help me before I leave for the UK  - it's times like this when I really believe there is a G-d
 
I have just finished reading a very un-me book called 'The Power' by the author Rhonda Byrne. It is full of positive thinking and when I started reading it I really wanted to throw up but I was on a long journey and had read all the papers so I persevered and again strictly between ourselves I found it to be a real tonic.  Give the book a chance; it has some great messages for everyone. Have a positive and a great week ahead !!

Popular Posts