BROKEN FOOT, BROKEN IPAD, BUT THE SHOPPING’S GOOD!

Apologies for not being in touch. It has been a bit of a dramatic three weeks. I am glad to say I fully recovered from my virus, but for the last week I have been in Israel due to the fact that my wife had an accident, which has meant an operation on her foot, so I am away from the hustle and bustle of the business and working as a carer, as my wife is pretty immobile without her wheelchair.

The good news is she is making good progress and she will be on both her feet in the next couple of weeks. Between you and me, and this is strictly confidential, whilst I am terribly sorry for my wife’s condition, I really am enjoying spending quality time with her and with the help of my fantastic PA and my iPad (this is the second iPad as I dropped the first one) I am able to keep in touch with all our offices.

Over the last three weeks I have made lots of notes regarding issues I want to discuss in my blog, but it will make the blog too long. So I will share just a few of them.

A couple of weeks ago it was Black Friday in America which is a special day, not for mourning, but where everywhere, especially in electronic stores, prices are slashed and there are great bargains to be had. Black Friday has been in existence for many years, but it was interesting to note that the following Monday was named Cyber Monday (the same thing as Black Friday, but online). This was the most successful day ever for online shopping. There were more Smart phones purchased than ever before.

Here is how it gets interesting.

Both days’ sales exceeded $1b online and offline. Record sales – does this mean the recession is over?? For thebigword it is very exciting. The amount of online localisation work we are doing grows by the day. It is interesting to see the paradigm shift that has occurred in the online world for products such as 50” 3D televisions. In the not so distant past, people would never buy this sort of product online. No-one would trust it enough, but things have really, really changed.

What is also exciting for us is that thebigword has developed a Global Management System which means that all the shopping, buying and communication can be done online. What will it take to remove the human interaction stage, or will the human interaction be there forever? I have to say it is very pleasing to see the effects that online shopping is having on our business, as more of our customers every day seek to communicate with their global customers on their own language!!

Speak to you next week. Have a great one.

Larry

Popular Posts