A MOMENTOUS BIRTHDAY AND GREAT NEW BUSINESS

So WOW – OMG-WOW it’s been the most incredible week starting with a surprise Birthday celebration party at our Headquarters in Leeds – I can’t believe I was caught off guard, I was completely overwhelmed by the kindness and generosity of my colleagues. This last year has been a real challenge as I approached a very big number, OK I will come out of the closet and admit, I am 60! I can see you all scrambling to check my photograph on my website, thinking it must be an old one! That is definitely true but to be honest the new one makes me look even better; see the one below !!



I have dieted, upgraded the hair colour, exercised, moisturised and accessorised - so what’s it all for? Well of course it’s to make first me feel good about myself which is especially important as my new book will be released in six weeks’ time and it’s all about how to cope with ageing. Finally, my celebrations that started in Leeds continued with family, friends and colleagues in New York and I’ve had the best time ever.

I do believe what contributes to my happiness is great progress that we are seeing at thebigword and that is reflected in some tremendous business wins. We are working hard to prepare for the provision of interpreters for the Olympic Games where we have been awarded the contract to provide interpreters throughout the UK and for any linguists who are reading this blog and are interested in working with us on this exciting event, please don’t hesitate to contact us join@thebigword.com.

We are also excited about an exciting new Government contract win and again we are having a considerable recruitment drive to ensure we have the top linguists in place; more news about that in the coming weeks. Added to these two landmark wins we have a whole pipeline of exciting work coming through. Our turnover for this year is the highest in our history and as our new financial year begins on June 1st, we look set to beat all records.

Many thanks for everyone’s good wishes and special thanks as the only reason we are a success is because of the tremendous team at thebigword and the fantastic global linguists who work with us from 73 countries.

Hope you have a great week.

Larry

Popular Posts