The worst of times, the best of times

It has been an extremely difficult week for me, as my dear mother passed away. She has suffered a long illness. She is one of the most bravest and positive people I have ever met and I am comforted by the many happy memories of her. I would like to say at this point I have been overwhelmed by the fantastic letters of support and words of condolence from so many people. It really, really has helped.

In addition, it has been a challenging week that at the same time we experienced this great sadness, our international conference at thebigword was taking place in Leeds, with visitors from all our offices all over the world. In addition to those visitors we have had people who have worked for the company in the last 30 years that came to the awards dinner we held on Saturday night.

The awards are made to people who have demonstrated excellence. The nominations did not come from senior management but came from our staff throughout the whole group. What was stunning was the generosity across our business in that 90 people made nominations. The process in itself is time-consuming and I think this says a great deal about our staff who took the time to tell us why their colleagues should be recognised.

I was unable to make the celebrations, but it was very comforting to hear that the atmosphere was electric. I want to take the opportunity through this blog to thank all those who have supported us and I am truly looking forward to the next 30 years with you all.

Wishing you all a good weekend and I look forward to being in touch with you all next Friday.

Popular Posts