FROM LEEDS TO LEDERHOSEN

Hope you have all had a great week, and all those fellow flu sufferers have recovered. Apologies for the very long blog from last week. I think it must have been the constant looking at the news, which is something I try to avoid, which sent me straight to the soap box. This week I do promise to keep it short.

It has been an amazing week at thebigword, where we have had a global sales meeting. It is not only very encouraging to see that our sales are on the increase, but that the pipeline is also looking very healthy. So again I must remind you we are not in recession yet, and even if we do dip into recession, there is still lots of business around. We are not just doing well because we are clever, we are doing well because many of our customers are doing great business. Of course we all want more. It is especially disconcerting to hear the news about the unemployment levels of 18-24 year olds. However, again I would remind anyone reading this blog that we have numerous vacancies within thebigwordGroup, and as our business grows, so does the volume of work we can give to our linguists.

This week we had a visit from our MP Rachel Reeves, who represents the constituency where our headquarters is based. Personally, I am not big into politicians, but she was very encouraging and it was gratifying to hear her to say that it had been one of the best visits she had made in a while and she was incredibly impressed by the enthusiasm of our people.

Tomorrow I am leaving for Germany and I am looking forward to working with our staff in our Dusseldorf office. Watch this space as we are opening new offices in Europe and again, despite all the Eurozone talk down, we have some exciting prospects that I will let you know about.

Have a good and healthy week and I will catch up with you next week with my stories from Germany.

Auf Wiedersehen

Larry

Popular Posts