AN OLYMPIC RING-ING ENDORSEMENT


I am back in the air again after spending a great week in the Leeds office.  The atmosphere in the UK has been fantastic. In fact the atmosphere in the UK has been the best I have felt in a very long time.  So much of this has been to do with the great success of the Olympics.  There is a real feeling of hope in the air which I sincerely pray will not be lost in the months ahead.   

I can hear you saying ‘What planet do you live on Larry?  Haven't you read the economic forecast?  Watched the news about the turmoil in the world?’  Well of course I have but if you want to wallow in negativity then stop reading this blog!   

For those of you who are still with me don’t you think that the Olympics have been a sensational time?  Not just because of the medals, but because of all the thousands of volunteers that helped all over the country during the games and the great behaviour of the spectators.  Most importantly for me was that despite the millions of visitors and the close proximity of rival teams – not just sports-wise - but politically, there was a total lack of aggression between the teams and spectators.  

At thebigword we are all back in training to ensure that we can beat the hell out of our competitors and we are certainly  doing that on a daily basis. Training, I believe, will be the key to our success as we realise more than ever that having the best technology and linguists is not enough on its own without the best trained people.  So watch this space. 

The flight is just beginning to make its descent into New York and I can't wait to show off my newly acquired tan to my friend and colleagues.  Strictly between you and me it  is not all genuine (I am talking tans here). 

I am looking forward to catching up with you in my next blog when I will update you on how my book sales are going. It has been an exciting three weeks since it was launched on Amazon. 

Have great week.



Larry

Popular Posts