NOTHING WRONG WITH A LITTLE SHOWING OFF

This week has been a great technology week. It is interesting to see how our customers are becoming so technology savvy and I believe in the future that not only must we offer top quality translation and interpreting – that is now taken as a given – but now, to win on the global stage, the technology we offer our clients has to be world beating. It’s not just highly slick workflows and automation that we are able to offer but we are noting a huge increase in demand from our larger clients for quality management information that must be available at the click of a finger. This week I am glad to say that we have been successful with two clients (sorry they won’t let me tell you their names) who have given us substantial contracts.

The last two weeks have also seen a lot of media coverage of the company and I am proud to attach links to those articles. Please take a look below. One describes the number of wins we have had and others refer to the 92 vacancies that we have in our headquarters in Leeds.




We are especially proud of our apprentices. This is a UK Government scheme that encourages companies to take on generally young people that have not been to university and need work experience. As an apprentice they get training and get paid as well, so have a click on the link below and you can see some of them holding me up in the air.


I am also attaching a link to a BBC Radio interview which also took place this week.

http://mybigpicture/radio-leeds-interview-feel-proud/

I know all of this looks like I’m showing off and of course I am, but I am very proud to share with many of the stakeholders globally who read my blog and would especially like to mention thebigword team and thebigword global linguist team, who of course are making our company grow so much.


Below I am also sharing with you a private and confidential conversation between myself and our Global Group Chief Technical Officer Kenny Sendel. This of course is confidential and you must not tell anyone else. The conversation was prompted by this brief article that I read in the Daily Express and you can see that I emailed the information to Kenny and you can read his response…so to all you out there including those Techno-sexuals, have a brilliant weekend!


Larry Gould to Kenny Sendel

This was in this week’s Express

Computer nerds are the new alpha males. According to a survey, 59% of women admire men who can fix computers – so-called technosexuals – but only 49% feel the same about those who can repair a car. The technosexuals are in such demand that two-fifths of men admit to having exaggerated their IT skills in an attempt to impress women. Express


Kenny Sendel to Larry Gould

Don’t worry Larry – in a survey I carried out, 99% of woman “admired” multi-millionaires over IT nerds, hence why I try and exaggerate my wealth.



Larry




Popular Posts