GUTEN TAG MEINEN FREUNDEN!

I’ve just returned from a great trip to our office in Dusseldorf, Germany. The Dusseldorf office is part of our expansion plan in Europe and we’ve increased the numbers there by more than three times to accommodate our growth plans. The European team are really exciting to work with, headed by our new European Managing Director, Sukumar Munshi.

I’m also pleased to announce that two of our top sales colleagues: Lucy Clarke and Rachel Ali, based in the UK are moving to Paris and The Hague respectively. So many of our customers are now global and whilst the UK still remains our major market for Translation, Europe is seeing exponential growth. It is so very pleasing to see colleagues like Lucy and Rachel who have been with the company a number of years achieve yet another promotion. Well done and good luck to you both!

I also had the opportunity to travel to Copenhagen this weekend to celebrate one of my closest friend’s big birthdays. We were treated to a celebratory dinner at the famous Noma restaurant, which has won the title of World’s Best Restaurant for three straight years…

Between you and me - and it has to stay that way as I don’t want to offend my friends - it was 16 courses of the weirdest food I’ve ever tasted; made up of weeds, flowers and an abundance of really strange plants. Each course was so expensive and each of the 15 guests around the table cooed and raved at the mix of unusual flavours. Unusual though they were, they tasted yuck! I thought to myself, “What’s wrong with me? Everyone’s loving this food!” Even my good friend, sitting next to me, said delightedly “Isn’t this exquisite?” The last course was delivered in no less than an ostrich egg, and contained beneath its shell, two tiny quail’s eggs sitting on a birds nest made of hay. These quail’s eggs had been poached to perfection and injected with salt.

“Wow!” everybody said and “wow” I said, thinking I was missing something. In my usual fashion I couldn’t control myself and whispered to my friend “I think there’s something wrong with me cos I think this is a load of shit”. To which my friend giggled and agreed! I then became totally hysterical. Hopefully I got away with it; with my host thinking that I had drank a considerable amount of wine. I really did appreciate the fact that I was invited.


This is the most expensive potato starter from the world's best restaurant (to me it looks like the Emperors Clothing!).

And today: the sun is shining, my garden is blooming and as we are approaching our financial year at the end of this month, I am very proud to say that like the previous 30 years that we have been in business, the company continues to grow and continues to beat the previous year’s results. Hooray! My thanks go to all our stakeholders.

Have a great week.

Larry

Popular Posts