SEEING THE ECONOMY GROW AND WINNING A BUSINESS ‘OSCAR’



Apologies for not being in touch recently which is due to amazing business developments. Both the public sector and private sector are now showing real signs of growth and it was great to welcome our two new Regional Managing Directors who have joined the company as part of our fast track expansion programme. 

Every week seems to be exciting, which is wonderful, and I’m looking forward to next week when I’m attending the Electrolux suppliers’ conference in Venice.  I’ve been to Venice before and it’s a very romantic place so it’s a shame that I’m going there with our CFO!

After that I’ll be returning to a week of events and award ceremonies, so I’m practicing ‘appropriate’ expressions for when we win or lose.  However, one expression I can tell you about is my absolute delight that our U.S. company, thebigword Inc., has been announced as winner of a Gold ‘Stevies’ American Business Award. 

This is the American business ‘Oscar’ and is very special, particularly since the trophy was awarded for ‘Corporate Social Responsibility Program of the Year’, which is something that’s very important to us.  Our U.S. company was founded only in 2007 and yet we have won this trophy against competition from companies across the United States. 


Congratulations to our U.S. team for their great work in assisting the Federal Emergency Management Agency during Hurricane Sandy, and all their work volunteering and supporting important causes.

I’ll let you know how I get on with my trip and all the exciting events.  Have a great week.

Popular Posts