New York is amazing. And so is Leeds!

Greetings from New York! We are celebrating the best month in the history of thebigword USA so congratulations to our teams in the US for their hard work. We really have won some great contracts. A lot  of this has been due to the technology, thebigword offers but to be quite honest without a great team of professionals, it would be very hard to deliver. 

I’m really enjoying my time in New York. The weather is unseasonably warm at the moment. I have also enjoyed experiencing the way the Americans celebrate Halloween. Despite staying in an apartment block, we still had plenty of calls at our door, with little ones trick and treating. I was also very happy to note the effort in our UK offices to use the Halloween celebration to raise money for the children’s hospice Martin House. A great effort was made by all! 

I do believe that most people, whether they like it or hate it, agree that New York is a fantastic tourist destination. However, I was very proud to see the county of Yorkshire mentioned in an article in the Times in the UK, as “the third best region in the world”. As Leeds in Yorkshire houses our global headquarters, we’re very proud of this great city. As Leeds grows, so does our global business. I think I must be one of the luckiest people I know, in that we have offices throughout the world, which all have a very special character of their own. The greatest challenge I enjoy is working with our people. We are now well into our 33rd year of business and I don’t think we have ever had such a great global team of people. 


This weekend is the New York marathon and I am getting ready for it…. That means that I am putting out chairs on the roof of the apartment that overlooks the route. Between you and I, I just don’t get it! All this running when there’s a fantastic transport system here. I’ll send you some pictures of my participation next week. 

Wishing you all a great weekend. 

Until the next one!

Larry

 

Popular Posts