Wonderful Rhythm

We have had a very successful couple of weeks within the business, for confidentiality we can’t give all the names of all our wins but this week we've had a major translation and interpreting win for a medical insurance company.  Much of this is attributable to our technology but this is not the only reason, this last big win which was a substantial increase in business from a global client they said was also due to the fantastic service they are receiving from our operations staff.

This week our team have been busy recruiting for interns to work in a variety of departments in our New York office.  It is great to work with interns because not only are we contributing to the minds of tomorrow but they are also providing us with fresh young eyes to the industry and we are proud of how many interns and apprentices have taken permanent jobs within our business.  See below a photograph of our team at the recruitment session.



Normally I always find February a little difficult, short days and long dark nights.  Spring is still too far away so I asked around the business for some ideas of how to deal with it.  One of my colleagues asked ‘what do you like to do when it’s sunny?’  For those of you who have read my blog before will know how little I enjoy going to a gym or doing sport but the one thing I do enjoy on a summer’s day is to swim.  Even though I don’t think my style is great I can keep going longer than most!  So my colleague said ‘go swimming!’  It’s freezing cold, it’s the last thing I want to do but she planted a seed in my mind.  I wrapped up with all my woolly scarves, hats and gloves and headed off to the fitness centre and for the 15th time of my life joined up.  

The membership officer insisted on giving me a full tour but all I want to see is the pool, and there is was, blue water, sparkling in the illuminated fluorescent lights.  A little voice kept saying run away it’s too cold but I bravely fought on.  OK, I’ll sign up but I only want to swim.  The smooth talking membership officer said I would enjoy swimming even more if I improved my style.  As ever in these environments I always feel intimidated and signed away another huge amount of money just so they can scream at me while I attempt to gracefully glide through the water. 


Would you like to see the changing rooms, he asked. No thank you I replied. I realise that changing rooms were just a place you had to survive.  A double challenge to keep the towel around you while you take off wet swim shorts.  Still, I’ll deal with that when the time comes.  Ladies and gentleman I’m proud to present at the bottom of this blog my progress to date.  It’s not particularly fast yet but I’m sure you’ll agree it’s graceful.  It’s the last bit that made my family and friends laugh the most so persevere and I hope it makes you smile.  I have to share with you that I absolutely love my twice weekly visit to the pool.  

Have a good one!


Popular Posts