FIT TO TAKE ON THE WORLD!

In the last few weeks I have been more than hectic, with a huge amount of travelling again, so it’s great to catch-up with you all.

Following a bad back strain which has affected me being able to go to the gym (every cloud has a silver lining), I am now back in full flow. I made my return visit for the first time in eight weeks to the Equinox health club, which is a gym/pool/spa I use when I stay in New York.

It is situated near many TV studios and full of celebrities and very slim and fit people, which - between you and I - I am finding pretty intimidating. It is interesting to see how the American trainers differ from the British. I do want to be encouraged but not patronized, so standing next to a gargantuan giant lifting 250 lbs of weights without any problem, whilst I’m standing next to him struggling with 2 lbs in each hand, yet being told by my enthusiastic trainer that he is so proud of the way that I have worked out today made me want to throw…well, let’s just leave it at throw.

thebigword’s financial year started on June 1st. It is pleasing to note that we have had our best first quarter in the history of the company. So next week we will be celebrating this achievement whilst concentrating very much on the new quarter. Again, grateful thanks to our wonderful staff our community of linguists and of course our global clients. So what’s new?

A lot. 

Especially around our technology developments. With the knowledge that I am being censored by our marketing department and not giving away too much information, I will spill just a little. We are in the process of testing our new thebigword translation management system (TMS) and we are getting some excellent results. As I have stated before, it is not just about technology: the technology is just a tool to be used by our clients, project managers and, of course, it means changes to the way our linguists can work in the future. We have invested a substantial amount with the International School of Linguists (ISL) and over the next few months we will be releasing a number of online training courses which will help our linguists work with the new technology. My prediction is that this really is the beginning of a communication revolution. I believe over the next five years that translation and interpreting will become as common as picking-up your phone, Skype etc. and making a direct call or sending written information in the language of the recipient, not in your language. It will make a massive difference to business, opening opportunities that organisations have never dreamt of... I really do believe this will make the world a better place. The better communication methods are, the more chance we have of solving our problems.

Over the next few weeks, I will be giving you more real information about what we are doing, and each week, I will choose a different subjects relating to what I believe will be the biggest transformation the language market has ever seen.

Looking forward to catching-up with you.

Larry

Popular Posts