Happy New Year!

I am back in New York and it is interesting to see the change from all the Christmas and festive decorations and there is a real feeling of business as usual. I do enjoy the festive season but it is always a relief when we can get back to normality.

Every year for at least the last 25 years I have started the New Year with a strong resolution, “lose weight.” I will not bore you with the details but most of the three weeks that I spent at home in England was spent in the smallest room in the house. Unbelievably, I have lost more weight in that period than through all the many thousands of pounds and hours spent being humiliated at weekly events such as Weightwatchers, Slimming World and the gym. To say the least it has been a painful holiday; perhaps that is too much information but here is my new photograph which I have attached at the bottom.

So what about New Year resolutions?

Well, I think what I am trying to deal with is being positive during these very difficult times where we see great unrest and insecurity in the world. Tragic things are happening on a daily basis but overall there are also many wonderful kind and creative things going on in the world. Whilst feeling saddened about recent events, I am really enthusiastic for this year ahead.

We are experiencing exciting times at thebigword. Our new Interpreting and Translation Management Systems (thebigword IMS and thebigword TMS) are delivering results beyond our best expectations. Our Linguist Recruitment team have also enhanced the thebigword TMS; which really does change, to some extent, the way they work.

The appetite for more translation and interpreting is growing exponentially and will continue to grow as companies, Governments and many organisations continue to understand the necessity to speak each other’s language.

We believe that over the next 10 years that this requirement, to be able to speak and read in your supplier’s/customer’s language, will be taken as the norm. The challenge for companies like ours is to make sure that we have the right people in place, with the best technology, to enable us to deliver.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a happy, healthy, successful and safe New Year. It’s good to be back and I will catch-up with you in the coming weeks.



Popular Posts