A fitter and healthier me

I am sure you will not agree with me, but I think it is great to be back at work for lots of reasons.

Firstly, I can stop eating all day long and try and get the excess weight I have put on over the holidays off. I am in a bit of a panic. The new posh velvet dinner jacket is looking too tight. Despite my late efforts of avoiding carbohydrates, I think I will have to give up and find something roomier to wear.

Talking of weight and fitness, I rejoined the gym for the 27th time. I hate it. This morning I worked with a trainer and I am now dictating this email to my PA Janet on the way to work. She can hardly hear me, as I haven’t really got the energy to talk.

At one stage on the cross trainer I thought I was about to pass out. “Keep going”, the instructor said, trying to encourage me. But the stretches were even worse and as he bent my legs backwards to try and get some flexibility into my stiffening limbs, I realised that I would never have made a good spy. One poke at my fingernails and I certainly would have given them the names and addresses of all my family.

Still, I will continue to work at getting fitter this year and I wish all of you a very healthy and fit year ahead. I am looking forward to seeing many of my colleagues from around the world at our annual Awards Ceremony. Any tips on how to get fit without pain, please let me know.

Popular Posts