The Apple of my iPhone

I have to admit I find it hard to be without my beloved iPhone. I feel secure with it next to me. It gives me a sense of security that I can keep in contact with my family, who are often spread around the world, and our offices which now cover three time zones. This is of course to the annoyance of my wife, as she senses the lack of concentration when she hears/feels the vibration and sees I’m itching to have a look. How do you all cope? Are you able, dare I say, to turn it off? Can you disconnect? Am I saved by it or a slave to it?

And of course the loud one-way conversations, as other compulsive users talk on their mobiles on a very tiring long journey, much to the irritation of other travellers – not me, I quite enjoy eavesdropping on the one-way calls, guessing the response from the other side.

However there used to be one place that was a haven from my little friend and that was on a flight. It was the one place I really turned off and relaxed – but not any more. On the BMI flight to Tel Aviv now they allow you to use their on-board phones to make calls whilst flying through the sky, and I have to say I hate it – when will I escape from the draw to be in touch? Any advice out there, I am willing to listen.

I have heard much talk about crowdsourcing. At first I thought it was a new method of finding friends, as there seems to be little dating done these days as there was in my time. There is so much jargon to absorb. Thankfully I am past pretending to understand things and now clearly admit when I don’t know what something means – back to crowdsourcing, my colleagues at work tell me that some of our more prestigious companies want to explore crowdsourcing as a process for translation work.

So my question to you all out there is, can it really work in relation to quality and on-time delivery? Help me understand.

Popular Posts