30 YEARS BUT NOT COUNTING!

Well, it has certainly been the best start to a month than I have had in quite a while. The best news is that my daughter Dalya is recovering well from her recent illness. April 1st is traditionally known in many countries as April Fool’s Day. April 1st personally has a special meaning for me, as on April 1st 1980 thebigword, then known as Link Up Languages, opened its doors as a translation and recruitment company – it is hard to believe that it is 30 years ago, especially as I am looking so young at the moment (please do not mention the hair transplant to anyone, it is top secret).

Another great piece of news was that yesterday I learned that March was the best month’s trading in the history of the company. It is at this juncture I want to thank our Sales and Marketing team for winning the business, but I have to give an extra special thank you to our Operations staff in all the countries who have worked so unbelievably hard to ensure delivery of the work. Some of them I know have even missed nights of sleep to deliver the files on time.

I am most proud of the fact that whilst we feature in the list of the largest language companies in the world, we have managed to maintain the sort of attitude to our customers worldwide, which sometimes can be lost as a company grows. So thanks to all those concerned, not just in Sales and Operations, but our Finance, Global Resources and Support staff.

The next bit of exciting news is that we are moving our headquarters in Leeds, UK, to a fabulous state-of-the-art facility on Monday 12th April. This has been no easy feat, and of course it is interesting how territorial people become about their space. One thing I have learned is it can often be dangerous to ask people’s opinion regarding furnishings and colours as, of course, everyone has their own style. So I want to take this opportunity of extending an invitation to all our stakeholders to visit our offices. We are hoping in the autumn to have an official opening, so more about that later.

I will update you next Friday on the news and dramas of our move. Have a great weekend.

Popular Posts