DARING TO BE DIFFERENT

So I’ve been on holiday for the last week or so in Israel and am having a wonderful time. I have kept myself busy seeing the sights, drinking too many G&T’s, and getting involved with some more strenuous activities – of course I’m talking about going for walks on the beach and quad biking. On Wednesday we hired some quad bikes and tore our way through the desert – what an adrenaline rush! Thankfully my screaming was drowned out by the high-pitched buzzing of the engine.

Although this blog does seem to be becoming an online confessional, some of you may have read the recent interview that I gave for Northside magazine (if not, Google it!). I recalled my schooldays where I was one of the only boys to learn shorthand in order to fulfil my ambition of becoming a journalist. I also revealed my short stint of teaching dance to children at the Boston Institute for the Blind, Deaf and Mute. I used to love dancing and was actually quite good at it, so you can imagine my disappointment at not being cast as an extra in Black Swan.

I’m not trying to sound like the Billy Elliot of the language services industry, but daring to be different and following your passions - regardless of what others might think - is a principle that I have tried to instil at the heart of thebigword. We have so many talented people but what makes them particularly great is their diversity: diversity of nationalities and diversity of ideas. It is the coming together of disparate experiences combined with our culture of daring to be different that enables thebigword to provide creative, innovative and cost-saving language solutions that meet our clients’ requirements.

As thebigword’s New Year’s resolution is all about communication and as we are somehow already in mid-February, I just thought I’d give you a quick update on how we’re getting on. We have been receiving some great feedback recently from several of our major clients, so congratulations to everybody once again for all of your hard work!

This ongoing period of growth is extremely exciting for thebigword and as things keep changing so quickly I appreciate it can sometimes be difficult to keep up. I hope you found the recent email roundup of recent developments and upcoming changes across the business helpful and if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch – communication is key!

Have a great weekend,

Larry

Popular Posts