A CHILD ENTREPRENEUR?

This weekend we celebrate the 32nd year of thebigword. To prepare for our events, I have been looking through lots of pictures and memorabilia, not just of me, but of the many colleagues that have worked for thebigword (formerly known as Link Up Languages).

Between you and me I was quite shocked. It is a very long time since I have looked at these photos, and I had in my mind how handsome and cool I was in the early years. I am especially sensitive about my appearance and age, as in May this year I will be reaching a landmark birthday. It is hard to pretend that I am 40 or 50, after declaring this is our 32nd year in business! On top of that, it was by no means my first job and I can’t say I was a child entrepreneur. Frankly, I think at this special age I am surprised to find that I am definitely looking cooler and trimmer than I did many years ago.

So what is my secret, you may ask? For those of you who know me well, you will be saying the hair transplant was a definite help. My recent fitness régime certainly has gone some way, but I think the real truth is that working in an exciting environment like thebigword gives me a real boost.

This week at our conference we will be showcasing thebigword GMS (Globalization Management System), which we know is going to scare all our competitors. I think it is not just clever technology, but this time we have spent a lot of effort and time asking our customers what they want and need. The reaction by those customers who are trialling it for us has been joyous.

So as I move into our 32nd year in business, and as my 60th birthday approaches, I feel more optimistic and enthusiastic about the future than ever before.

We have also received good news from New York today, as we have been awarded our largest Face to Face contract in New York, which is expected to be worth in excess of $2m per annum. So our team are working hard to recruit additional interpreters in the New York State region. So for those of you who are interested, please get in touch via our website http://www.thebigword.com/.

Have a great weekend.

Larry

Popular Posts