A WEEK TO REMEMBER

Weeks just don’t get more exciting than this one. On Tuesday I finally saw the first printed edition of my book, yesterday I had lunch with a former UK Prime Minister, and on Sunday my daughter is getting married!

More about my book later – I’ll be explaining what it’s about and where to get it once it’s widely available. But I can’t convey my excitement at finally seeing it published after years of hard work.

Meeting former Prime Minister John Major was very interesting. He was nothing like the boring image the press portrayed of him when he was in office. Quite the opposite – I found him very humorous and entertaining so have changed my opinion! I’m also waiting for his review of my book.

Now, everything is in full swing for last-minute wedding organising. We are praying for good weather which is the one thing nobody can predict, at least in England.

After the wedding, there’s no honeymoon for dad, who is straight back to work. Next week surely can’t be as exciting as this one but it does have promise because I’m being interviewed on television about the emergence of China.

It’s great to see China take centre stage at last. thebigword has been working in China since 2005 when we acquired a language services company in Beijing. We grew this very quickly, because we put in significant investment and tripled the number of staff. Before the Shanghai Olympic Games we opened a Shanghai office and won the interpreting contract for the Games – a success we’ve repeated with the London Olympics this year.

Finally, the West is realising that the Chinese population are great consumers and that they present a huge market of 1.4 billion people wanting goods of all kinds, including luxury goods . Because of this, we’re already seeing a growth in demand for interpreting and translation into and out of Chinese.

Next week, more on the wedding (bet you can’t wait) and some exciting news on new business and opportunities for linguists.

Have a great weekend!

Larry

Popular Posts