FACE TO FACE WITH MOONCAKES

It has been a very exciting week – notably, thebigword won a number of Face to Face interpreting contracts. In the past, our main interpreting business has been telephone interpreting or what is often known as ‘over the phone interpreting’ but now we have seen an exponential rise in requests for people to attend meetings in person – Face to Face. We are seeing great increases in demand from both Government offices and hospitals, as well as private business. In this age of voicemail, Skype, Facetime etc. it is wonderful to note that people actually want some human interaction! So, all those interpreters out there, if you’re looking for more work and want to meet the client face to face, then please contact us on 0800 757 3456.

Once again, I’m writing this blog on the way to the airport, as I am returning to the UK from the US. Between you and me, I absolutely adore the travel although I sometimes grumble, but that’s just for effect. Over the next few weeks, I’m looking forward to visiting Germany where we plan to expand our European operations and again, our business in Europe especially German-English and English-German is growing by the day, so if you want work, all you linguists, we look forward to hearing from you! Just to complete my showing off as an international jetsetter, I will be in Asia at the end of October, visiting our Beijing ad Tokyo offices. Beijing is a real jewel in our crown and we expect tremendous growth in the region over the next year.

.. .and talking of Beijing, our colleagues in China will shortly be celebrating Mid-Autumn Festival on 30th September, where families get together to eat Mooncake. To show solidarity, thebigword in the US and UK will be attempting to make their own Mooncakes too. Finally, thank you for all your good wishes. My leg is healing well after my bike ride disaster in Central Park last week but my ego is still somewhat bruised.


Have a restful week and don’t overdo the Mooncakes.


Regards,

Larry

Popular Posts