LIVENING UP A TYRED WORLD

What a roller coaster week it has been. My new son-in-law Adam decided as a treat to take me on a bicycle trip around New York's Central Park. He pre-hired two cycles, so how could I refuse and at the same time how could I tell him I had never had a bike of my own and had only had a few attempts on two wheels decades ago when friends would let me occasionally ride theirs?

It was a beautiful sunny day, “Man up”, I said to myself as I mounted the beast, if kids can do it so can I. If you can open the attachment you will see living proof. I did the eight mile circuit and to my great disappointment I wobbled at the end causing a 10 bike pile up - so embarrassing! “Pa,” he said “You just got to get back on again so you don't lose your confidence”. I am now hating the bloody bike nearly as much as I am hating the bloody son-in-law and talking about bloody, my leg was covered in cuts. That was five days ago and I am writing this in the air as I fly to Texas. I can hardly move, but secretly I was proud that I made the attempt.


I am so enjoying working from our New York office which is buzzing with a huge amount of interpreting work from the New York Education Department and the Translation side is manic with a number of new contracts both from the East and West Coast.

As well as work I have been very excited to receive some great reviews on my new book, Great Retirement Great Sex, which you can check out here:

http://www.fabafterfifty.co.uk/2012/08/17/do-men-suffer-a-crisis-of-confidence-as-they-approach-retirement/

http://www.myretirementadventures.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/great-retirement-great-sex.html

It was good fun to write and an interesting experience for me but between us, I really do prefer to be in the business.

Catch up with you next week, have a great weekend and remember to wear a helmet if you go riding

Larry.

Popular Posts