NOT EVEN A TRUNK CALL….

I can’t believe that in the blink of an eye, my first two-week holiday in five years has passed. Two amazing weeks in southern India trekking the jungle and spending magical time with the elephants. I won’t bore you any more about my trip and forgive me for posting a very short but amusing clip of my encounter with an elephant.

Many of my colleagues at thebigword were shocked, concerned and relieved (depending on who you speak to) by the fact that I actually only made two very short calls to the office during the trip. I think that this is the first time in many many years that I've not been in daily contact. It's not because I don’t trust our team to run the place without me, it’s just that switching off is something I find very difficult to do. Frankly, I don’t usually bother to switch off but I have to say that there is great value in getting away, chilling and in my case, having a lot of fun. I have returned with good intentions to review my work life balance and after a few days back in the office, I am glad to say that all the lessons I have learnt are now behind me and it is wonderful to be back in the thick of it.

thebigword is buzzing at the moment with huge new contracts from the British Government, National Health Service, expansion of our European operation and new wins in the healthcare industry in the States.

We’re looking at different ways to help our team manage their own work life balance. I do think that we are making great improvements in offering more flexibility in the working environment. From my point of view, I think that work life balance is really only achievable if you're happy in your job and happy in your home life, otherwise it's quite difficult. I look forward to hearing any advice from you that you would like to share as to how you have achieved a better balance in your life. In the meantime, I guess I am off to experience a pretty unbalanced week myself...

I look forward to catching up with you on Friday.

P.s in the video clip, I am the one on top!


Please note, for internal usage follow this link.

Popular Posts