Back to work and into the Dragons Den?!

It’s great to be back at work after a relatively long vacation.  I had a great holiday although, I have to admit, there were many hours spent hiding from my wife reading my emails and making calls.  Is the ability to be in contact and contactable a curse or a blessing?  My wife’s opinion is it’s a curse because we do get interrupted and it is hard to forget about work when you’re constantly in touch.  From my point of view it’s a blessing because I wouldn’t dream of taking such a long vacation if I was not able to be contacted by my colleagues.

thebigword is in frenzy mode as by March 15th we complete the launch of our Translation Management System (thebigword TMS).  This is when we will have transferred all our 2,500 customers onto the system.  thebigword TMS will give us the ability to, virtually overnight, quadruple the amount of business we can cope with due to the automation.  It is magic and the level of excitement is really at its highest.

I’ll keep you in touch with how it’s going but in our world where we have highly complex pieces of work that require engineering a quote can take many hours to produce, now the time to prepare the quote has been reduced by 85%.  Due to this factor alone, we are winning more business simply because our clients are receiving our quote before anyone else’s.  The facility that alerts our Project Managers when a stage of the process has not been met is also making our customer experience something beyond our wildest dreams.

Also whilst I was away recently somebody sent me copy of an online article in relation to changes at Dragons Den and I was really thrilled that the article suggested that I could be an actual Dragon.  Honestly I’ve never really watched this programme but did check it out.  It was good TV, I’m not sure whether it encouraged or discouraged people to go into business however, I have to say that it’s impressive that the potential businesses are brave enough to put themselves through such a process.  So, I’m busy dieting and getting slimmer just in case I get a call…

http://www.thebusinessdesk.com/yorkshire/news/717885-david-parkin-on-a-towering-failure-a-dragon-with-no-fire-and-a-foundry-with-plenty-of-sparks.html





Popular Posts