Technology Driven Travelling?!

It’s good to catch up with you all. I’ve had a crazy few weeks, even by my standards, with lots of exciting business opportunities and more travelling than usual - in fact, I’m writing this on a flight to Virginia!

Today’s been a ‘bad electronics day’.  It started with me sending the wrong code number to the garage so I got the wrong car.  Then I had a fall out with the check-in clerk who refused to accept my booking number and said I was in the wrong terminal – this time, it was their mistake not mine!

At last I made it to the airport café for a 6am breakfast.  Not a waiter in sight! Instead, an IPad inviting me to order my breakfast on line (which, incidentally, somehow managed to block me from my wife who was sitting opposite). Needless to say, I nearly ended up on the floor wrestling with the wretched tablet which refused to let me order a cappuccino with an extra shot. After finally ordering a fresh fruit salad, which I’m sure was fresh (cough), it eventually arrived - delivered by a harassed humanoid who was having to deal with numerous complaints from the other guests (see, it wasn’t just me!).

Enough of the grumbling and tech-bashing. I really shouldn't complain about it because without it, thebigword would not have been able to grow as it has … on which note, I’m delighted to report that grow we certainly have.
This month has seen a number of large wins in both the public and private sector and, as we enter the beginning of our new financial year, we are confident the trend will continue.

June 15 marks the start of our Conference Week which will be held in Leeds. Team members from our offices around the world will gather to hear our exciting new 3 year business plan, which will include our technology road map, our expansion plans and our people plans.  Watch this space.

This week we moved to new and larger premises in Tokyo.  Japan is an exciting market.  It’s the world’s third largest economy and we are proud to have been doing business there for 25 years. Special wishes to our team there for continued success.

I have just been told to turn off my laptop so that's good news for us all.

I promise to be more disciplined with my weekly updates – you have been warned!

Have a great week
Larry


Popular Posts