Does Britain have a problems with sales?




Over the next few weeks I will be releasing a series of vlogs on the subject of sales. I hope that you find my take both interesting and helpful.

This week I consider whether Britain has a problem with sales.



I had some visitors from a school and they were Sixthformers looking for careers, preparing to study for degrees.
I showed them around our building, i'm very proud, we have 425 people at thebigword here and 90% of our staff have a degree and something like 76% have two degrees and some with three. Over 80% of our staff have two languages, many with 3 and some with up to 5 languages.
The interesting thing is, we advertise all of our jobs internally because we want people to grow within the business. Nobody applies for sales jobs but the best paid jobs are in sales!
Why do clever people take jobs with less money, without travel, flexibility and freedom?
I think the answer is cultural. In the UK we are not proud of selling and its an issue we need to deal with, especially with Brexit around the corner.
No schools encourage pupils to become sales people and its nonsense and we need to rethink.
Next week I'll talk about what sales people have to do and why they are sometimes entitled to earn the most money.

Have a great weekend,


Larry 




















Popular Posts