Are workplace relationships acceptable?


Are workplace relationships acceptable?

You can watch my vlog here: 


It was really interesting today, one of my staff who is very outgoing came to me, very nervous and said she needed to talk to me. I'm having a relationship with a co-worker and in another company I worked for I know this was not allowed. I didn't want to do anything behind your back? Is it going to be a problem? I was really confused by this and I asked why it wasn't allowed and how that this was policed? She said the reason she was given were security issues, could cause problems in teams and productivity could be lost. I say Bull*** because we all have relationships at work, I think maybe she was asking if it was okay to have a sexual relationship with a colleague. I hope that everyone in my company has relationships with each other of some sort and if they don't work correctly they won't stay in the business. On December 19th, I'm celebrating 35 years of the most fantastic marriage with the most beautiful person, Michelle! My PA from 37 years ago. Enjoy your relationships but be sensible.

Have a great weekend,



Larry

Popular Posts