GROWING BIGGER – AND MORE WORRIED!

It is very exciting that our company is growing at such a rapid rate. I am very proud of the team we have based at thebigword. Belmont House, our headquarters in Leeds, used to be the head office for the Group’s recruitment business, which was sold in 1997. It is hard to believe that Belmont House, which is now known as Belmont Park due to the additional building that has been erected, employed just 30 staff at the beginning.

Now, in addition to opening offices in a number of locations throughout the world, Belmont Park is accommodating some 180 people on the site. Last week saw the start of night shifts, which are to help support our offices in different time zones. This is following the implementation of night shifts in our London office, which focuses on our telephone interpreting services.

So what am I worried about? My main concern as we grow is to ensure that our customer service is second to none. When our company was much smaller, I always used to tell potential clients that as CEO I would personally see to their needs and ensure they get the best service. But with customers throughout the world, this gets a little difficult, as I am concerned with many other issues.

I therefore am pleased to announce the appointment of Anthony Tamburro as Client Services Director. In this role Anthony will report directly to me. His main concern will be customer satisfaction. This is a unique position in that he reports directly to me, so I can be assured that I hear of any complaint about any issue, large or small, that has happened in the company. Of course, we hate complaints. We hate constructive criticisms even more, but we need to listen to them and react to them. In that way we will surely grow and continue to be the best!

So for those clients who may not be happy, we really do “need” to know. Even if, honestly, we do not really “want” to know. So for anybody out there who has issues we need to deal with, please get in touch with Anthony. His email is anthony.tamburro@ thebigword.com

At the same time there is nothing more motivating for our staff than positive feedback. I take this opportunity now of thanking everyone out there for a continued flow of some really great compliments.

After reading through this blog, I have decided that I am definitely going to get on my bathroom scales. It is really a “need” rather than a “want” situation and if the result is okay, I will let you know next Friday in my blog.

Have a great weekend.

Popular Posts