It is so hard to get the temperature right. I am sweltering in the hot sunshine and would do anything at this moment for some Manchester coolness. Inside our apartment offers no relief, due to the fact that our air conditioning has broken down.

It is funny how we are never satisfied. Too much rain or too little, too hot or too cold, but for those of you who might be suffering from the cool UK weather – I am feeling bloody jealous at this moment. Over the last few weeks I have done a huge amount of traveling and I am looking forward to returning to my home tomorrow. I am sorry I missed last Friday’s blog. However, this trip has been for rest and relaxation, which is something I find very stressful. This is possibly due to the fact that I allow myself to listen to the news channels and read the local papers. It is all very confusing. The recession is nearly over, a little bit over, definitely over, definitely not over.

When I was younger I was obsessed with reading my horoscope. I don’t know why, because I don’t really believe in all that star sign stuff. I can remember at one stage, if I didn’t like what my horoscope said, then I would open another paper (at the paper stand as I certainly wasn’t going to buy them all) until I found a prediction that was more to my liking. I am not sure whether things have changed, but all I can tell you is that I predict that in the months ahead thebigword is going to continue to grow and grow. It is true that we are under pressure all the time to reduce prices, and of course maintain the highest quality. This is an on-going challenge for us all, but something I believe we are really well placed to do.

This year will see our obsession not just with predictions but with automation, and more efficient processes – something which we have been doing for some time, but we will continue to increase our efforts in this area.

We are now entering the third month of our year, and I can share with you all that thebigword is ahead of the first quarter last year, and last year was our best year ever. So well done to everyone.

Hurray, the doorbell has rung and the air conditioning engineer has arrived. Looking forward to landing in cool Britain tomorrow. Have a good weekend – Larry.

Popular Posts