Moving Forward

I am obsessed with collecting reward points – anything from Air Miles to Store Loyalty points. I suppose it feels like you’re getting something for nothing which of course is ridiculous as we all know that we are paying for our points as we spend.

This week I flew from Heathrow’s new British Airways Terminal 5. What an amazing place! I almost missed the flight as I was so busy looking at all the shops and by the time I had finished eating my way through all the free goodies in the lounge, having a twenty minute back massage, and finally choking my wife as I couldn’t resist spraying all the after shave samples as I walked through duty free I finally made it to the plane - just.

I am really proud that at thebigword we localize the British Airways website which is amongst a number of airlines that we work with, updating the sites daily into their customers’ languages to provide the information their passengers require.

So what do you think of the bonus point scheme? Is a fair incentive or a bit of a con?

This week has seen a real boost in customer enquires at thebigword. In fact, it has been the best week for enquires for a number of months. It could be to do with our extra efforts in marketing but I also believe that there is a real sense that this is where companies are at and now it’s more than just surviving but a time to move forward and get on with business. What are your thoughts on this?

Due to the growth in business we are have an increase in vacancies so if you’re reading this and looking for a new job then visit our website www.thebigword.com and look for our outstanding vacancies by clicking on to the ‘Work For Us’ tab or e-mail your C.V. to careers@thebigword.com Job vacancies are listed for all our offices throughout the world.

In the next two weeks we are attending two award ceremonies; one in London which is for the Human Capital Awards organised by the CBI where we have been short-listed for an award and the other in Leeds where we have been short-listed for two awards – the first for companies with a turnover of up to 50 million pounds and the other for the Best Company to Work for. I will be practising my “Oh I am surprised we have won award” look and my “Were not bothered we didn’t win” look in the mirror over the next fourteen days. So if any of you see me over this period and you think I look a little strange you know it’s because I am practising looking cool. On a serious note I am really proud that we have reached these finals – especially the one for The Best Company to Work For Award !

I’ll keep you updated – Have a nice one!

Popular Posts