FROM SLIMMING TO WINNING IN 3 WEEKS!

The only discernable effect from joining every diet club imaginable, from Slimmer’s World to Weight Watchers; amassing rows of diet books; popping pills; putting myself through the torment of hypnotherapy; and being barked at by sadistic personal trainers, has been the negative one on my bank balance.


However, I have recently been inspired by an upcoming important family wedding into mending my gluttonous ways, cutting out the unnecessary meal between brunch and lunch, and forcing myself to do some dreaded exercise.

Earlier this year I bought a suit that I’d had my eye on for a while, and as the wedding is now only three weeks away (thank you Kate and William for setting the standard), I thought I’d try it on again. Let me tell you, something wonderful happened, something I’ve always dreamed of happening but never dared to believe that it actually would: my trousers fell down - what joy!

I took them straight back to the shop and had to have 1 ½ inches taken in at the waist. The problem is I’m now paranoid that one eating binge could ruin all my hard work so I’m being extra vigilant; racking up all those unused calories until after the wedding as I’m planning a junk food binge that would make Henry VIII reach for his salad fork.

Besides dropping my trousers, this week has been especially eventful for thebigword, and I’m delighted to report that there has been a huge influx of request for quotations across the business, with more than 220 received in just the last four days!

This can be partially attributed to our e-marketing drive, and the success of our online quotation tool which has boosted business substantially.

The even better news is that we’re converting a higher proportion of these enquiries into new business. Furthermore, we have been invited to tender for more multi-million pound contracts than in any previous year, and thebigword’s huge investment in technology enables us to ramp up our operations faster than ever before.

I’ve hinted at some exciting orders in recent weeks, and although I still can’t divulge this information, I promise it will be worth the wait, so hang in there...

Have a great weekend,

Larry

Popular Posts