ONE YEAR OLDER, NINE YEARS LIGHTER!

First, let me tell you that I had the most amazing birthday, and I was genuinely touched by the number of people who sent me cards and gifts – thank you all! I spent the morning at home with my family, before finding another pile of presents waiting for me at the office – but how did everybody know?

Perhaps the screens around the building telling everybody it was my birthday complete with birthday cake graphics were a slight giveaway, (thankfully the number of candles didn’t expose my actual age), or maybe it was the subtle hints that I dropped along the lines of: “Don’t spend all weekend worrying about what to buy me, I won’t be angry or use it against you in the future – honestly”.

Aside from all the thoughtful gifts, and the fact that I’m now officially the slimmest I’ve been in nine years (!), one of the nicest surprises of late was flicking through The Sunday Times recently and spotting my name in a very famous and exclusive list. My heart skipped a beat; after so many years of absolute dedication, hard work, and I like to think a bit of entrepreneurial flair, there it was in black and white...

Yes, you guessed it, thebigword was recently awarded 85th place in the Sunday Times HSBC International Track 100 league list! This means that we officially rank as one of Britain’s hundred private companies with the fastest-growing international sales. Although it may sound like a cliché, this accolade really is a reflection of the incredible individual efforts of everybody throughout our eight global offices.

If you were thinking of the almost as prestigious annual Rich List then sorry to disappoint you – I’ve been snubbed again for the likes of Daniel Radcliffe, Cheryl Cole and Sir Cliff Richard – unbelievable.

I am currently in the running for a very special award and, although I cannot divulge any details at the moment for fear of prejudicing the results, I will let you know how I get on. I will also say that if you think the interview-round on The Apprentice is intimidating then think again!

Have a great week,

Larry

Popular Posts