AM I BARKING MAD?

It has been an exhausting week, and not just because work has been crazy but I think I have made a terrible mistake.

My three children all got married in the past year. Peace and quiet at home at last. After this exhausting period in our lives my wife and I were congratulating ourselves on our new found freedom. So what did I go and do? I bought a surprise gift for my wife of course – a new car? Nope. Booked an exotic holiday? No not that either.

Here’s a clue…woof! You got it in one, I actually bought an eight week old Malti-Poo puppy and it is certainly living up to the last part of his name.

My wife was not impressed, despite the generous welcome Simba gave her by licking all over her face. So, the hound has cried every night and Michele has refused to get up at 5.30am when he wakes, which I think is a little mean as she did it for all our children.




 I realise as the Chief Executive of one of the largest language companies in the world that this information must seem somewhat trivial. However, it did act as a reminder, as I scrubbed all sorts of stuff out of the carpets, of the pressures that so many of our staff experience when trying to balance their work and home lives.

We’ve been running quite a few studies over that last few months to look at the levels of stress our teams are under and how they are coping, one mind-blowing piece of information that we have discovered is that our staff who smoke stay longer and seem to enjoy the job more. We think this is partly to do with the fact that they get time away from their work station and are also able to make friends with the other smokers.

Next week I will share with you my sweet plans on how we hope to extend the opportunity to enjoy work breaks for all our colleagues without endangering their health.

In the mean time, any ideas on dog training would be greatly appreciated!!

Have a good one
Larry

Popular Posts