J-LO AND SWEET MOMENTS – A PERFECT WEEK!

I had the most amazing evening at the J-Lo concert in London earlier this week. Between you and me my knowledge of music is derisory and I thought J-Lo was some sort of charity. It is the first time I had been to the 02 arena and the trip alone was worth it just to see the awesome structure. Again strictly between ourselves it wasn't until I arrived there and saw a poster that I realised it was Jennifer Lopez and even then I thought she was an actress and didn't even know she had a singing career!

How could this happen you may be asking? How could such a cool guy like Larry Gould be so ignorant? Enough of that - I have to say it was so brilliant, her singing and dancing, the incredible lighting and music left me spellbound and to the embarrassment of the party I went with I gyrated in the most incredible way all through the two hour concert, not sitting down for a moment.

If you remember last week I told you that our research indicated that teams of smokers who gather outside whatever the weather were actually less stressed than other members of our team. That doesn't mean you should all start smoking as we all know how unhealthy cigarettes are. More positively what we did discover from this research is that the smokers had the opportunity to talk to their workmates and take a break from their computer screen, which I do think is a good thing but unfair to the non-smokers. Therefore from mid-November (when we have the Sweet Moment Stations installed in the Leeds office) for a trial until January 1st we will be encouraging non-smokers to take short breaks two to three times a day to munch a sweet (or as our American colleagues would say Candy) or fruit if you are of that ilk. If successful we will roll the idea out to all offices.

This proposed trial has caused quite a controversy so I would really appreciate your feedback before this finally goes ahead, you can contact me on larry@thebigword.com.

In the meantime have a great weekend and I look forward to hearing your suggestions and thoughts.


Larry

Popular Posts